This is a forum for topics studied during the Economics semester elective course. ENJOY!
Friday, April 13, 2012
The Persuaders
If nothing else,The Persuaders reveals many of the secrets and details that advertisers execute in an attempt to make their products appealing to audiences everywhere, something I was very eager to discover and learn about. I understood that advertising has never been a simple part of a business' approach, but I never really considered all of the effort that has to be made to try and appeal to different target audiences in a variety of ways. An example is appealing to children with cereal advertisements that are bright, loud, and colorful and create a lot of excitement. Then, when children are shopping with parents, they have a memory of the cereals seen on television, and the boxes often have the same qualities that their advertisements did and are low on the shelves to be within sight and reach of children, thus creating even more excitement. The Persuaders, for me at least, confirmed the idea that advertising is an extremely complex and deep affair within companies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment