This is a forum for topics studied during the Economics semester elective course. ENJOY!
Thursday, April 19, 2012
Maxed Out
I thought this documentary applied greatly to our class. Many of the sob-stories were about college students who were bamboozled into buying credit cards without realizing how credit cards actually function. Thankfully, I know the risks involved with owning credit cards, and while many people run into trouble, as exhibited by the film, I think that there are many benefits to credit cards that the documentary does not bring up. For example, as Chapter 25 in Economics by Example explains, credit cards allow consumers to buy things with money that they may not have at that specific moment. These purchases fuel the economy and allow people to buy more because it is rare, when people buy a car, that they have all of the money needed to buy the car at that specific moment in time. However, it is possible that buy the end of the month, when they need to pay their credit card bills, they will have the money.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment