This was my first time watching "Maxed Out", but this is not a new topic to me. Just like my brother, I received my first credit card when I began driving. It made things a lot easier, not having to be weighed down by a lot of dollar bills, but I also knew that it was more than simply a magic card. When I first began to use, I would just use it as a way to purchase gas. But once I got used to it, I would use it more often, but not in excess. The first credit card you receive is one of the most important because its the first time you are taking responsibility over your own money (to a certain extent) rather than asking your parents for cash. I could buy anything with a swipe of a card, but all those bills would add up at the end of the month.
The second thing that stood out to me was when the man who was broadcasting on the radio, who was talking to the woman on the phone. When she said that she was thinking about declaring bankruptcy. But when he asked why, she didn't give a concrete reason behind the declaration. She simply said that she didn't know what else to do. I feel like this is a common occurrence among those who declare. People do it simply because they are so far in debt and don't know how to end it. The must realize that there are other options besides bankruptcy. He was right in telling her to stop school if she cannot afford it and get a job. With a job at least she'll begin to pay off all the debt she has accumulated.
No comments:
Post a Comment