CNBC Top News and Analysis

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Maxed out and we're next

While watching the movie and with the discussion we had in class concerning chapter 25 of "Economics By Examples" I couldn't help but to think to myself that we're next. We will soon be going off to college and it seems that the excitement to finally get away over shadows the cost of what getting away cost. Like the first man in the movie of Maxed out was slowly consumed by the debt of his ex wife's medical bills and her credit card payments, we will soon be liable of our college tuition. Like many people applying for college I have been working my butt off to apply for scholarships. I 'm refusing to take out any student loans in fear of landing myself in debt. Sure I don't  have to pay them until I graduate, but there isn't any guarantee that I will find a job straight out of college. So i am stunned at the amount of people that are in  debt and we will soon be joining them. Young and in debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment