This is a forum for topics studied during the Economics semester elective course. ENJOY!
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Maxed Out
I don't really know what to think about this movie. On the one hand I have to appreciate it's goal, and the intention behind the making of the movie: to prevent people amassing huge amounts of debt due to a plastic card in their wallet. However, I also have to question it's effectiveness. It seems to be aimed mostly at a younger crowd, but ineffectively. Its heavy-handed editing and style make it feel like an outdated drivers-ed video, and who's going to say that it's the videos that made them a good driver? I feel more people would place more emphasis on the teacher and the behind the wheel lessons than the clunky, cheesy video lessons. I feel bad saying these things, though, because buried within the sub-par 'movie' is important, extremely helpful information. However the fact that one good source for information exists about this topic doesn't mean more sources shouldn't be created and implemented. It's such an important topic, debt and credit cards, and it should always be important that the viewer connect with the information so that he or she remembers it and utilizes it. Having said this I now worry that a movie will soon come out about credit cards utilizing facebook, twitter, excessive explosions, or all of the above. This shouldn't happen. Don't let James Cameron direct.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment