CNBC Top News and Analysis

Friday, April 20, 2012

I am really glad we got to watch this movie in Econ because although I already knew the the troubles that are associated with credit cards and college students it was very beneficial to hear real life stories from the students in the video. Our whole economics class is going off to school next year so I think it was very important for us to see how easy it is to fall into debt when credit card companies are targeting young students. Colleges often benefit when college students purchase credit cards so the schools do not often teach the students about the risk of falling into debt. High Schools are not paid to promote credit cards which is why it is easier to teach the horrors of debt to high school students rather than college students.
Even though I was really glad to hear the risks before going off to college, the video did not really address any stories of people who do not end up in debt. There are a ton of college students who do end up in debt but there are just as many students who do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment