CNBC Top News and Analysis

Monday, March 19, 2012

Healthcare

I think it is safe to say the U.S.'s healthcare isn't all that great at all. I believe similar to what I believe is what the former president of Switzerland said that Healthcare is a human right. In America we believe that anything that provides a service to everyone is instantly socialist or something of similar matter. There are several issues at hand though. If the government regulates healthcare, something has to pay and rising taxes isn't going to be it. Yes I believe we need it but taxing isn't the answer. The other issue is medical school. It is EXTREMELY expensive. Doctors in the US make a lot more than elsewhere because they need to charge more to cover the debt they accumulated through med school. Solving the cost of medical education is the first step to having healthcare for all. If Obamacare is to pass, doctors are going to make alot less money with med school just as expensive. That loss in revenue is going to turn away a large amount of aspiring doctors since they will work into their forties just to get out of debt and one thing the world doesn't need is less doctors.

No comments:

Post a Comment