CNBC Top News and Analysis

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Wal-What?

We are a country that prides itself on the free market. What do we do when a company not only monopolizes that market, but takes hundreds of millions in government money, and put their employees on government funded programs because they don't even make enough to live? Easy answer: shut them down. It's not good for the economy, people from small businesses are losing jobs, and it's been shown that Wal-Mart doesn't even hire enough employees to cover the store due to cost. The employees often put in overtime (not even getting paid for it). Wal-Mart has a lack of respect for it's employees, the working conditions should be illegal. Speaking of lack of respect, the amount of attacks that have happened in Wal-Mart parking lots with lack of action is sickening. This is not a company for the people by any means.

1 comment:

  1. Alanna, I completely agree with you. I would just like to reiterate the fact that I HATE WA;-MART. I cannot begin to tell you how much I DESPISE Wal-Mart. The negative aspects of a Wal-Mart exceed the benefits. By bringing a Wal-Mart into a small town, the high rent, lower volume and more services for customers lead to higher prices in smaller stores. I strongly believe that Wal-Mart should cease to exist. While many may argue that Wal-Mart supports various charities and works to save the environment, one must consider the fact that the environments poor condition is a result of Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart routinely chops down forests and pollutes landscapes in order to build their monstrosities. One may say that Wal-Mart contributes to various charity organizations, well this is true, before stating this one must consider the fact that there is a very high likelihood that Wal-Mart employees rely on those charity’s to survive because their employer, Wal-Mart, under pays and under values their work. I HATE WAL-MART.

    ReplyDelete