This is a forum for topics studied during the Economics semester elective course. ENJOY!
Monday, March 19, 2012
Wal-Mart
I think this is a fairly well made documentary. Coming into the subject cold (barely knowing anything about the controversy) it does a very good job of persuading viewers towards disliking the company. Fortunately for us, there are not any Wal-Marts close by so disliking the superstore titan isn't all that hard to do. Although the movie makes several valid points, I do not believe that all of them were entirely fair. Yes I think that Wal-Mart has not been upfront in giving employees the benefits they deserve and yes they cut corners to do all they can to reduce costs but they do help communities in the sense that they do provide cheap goods for less well off Americans. The thing I did not about the movie is that it gave no juxtaposition to their argument. They completely disregard any sort of counter to their argument.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment