CNBC Top News and Analysis

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Wal-Mart... It's everywhere and taking over


Wal-Mart is everywhere. Approximately five minutes from where I live you will find a Wal-Mart.  I can easily travel another twenty minutes and find another Wal-Mart by Gurnee Mills with its companion Sam’s Club right next to it. I always see the parking lots full of customers and actually know some of the employees that happen to work there. The thing is that I really don’t find myself shopping there. The times I do find myself going in are because they are the only stores that really stay open late.  Being Hispanic I find myself going to the little Mexican shops that reside all over Waukegan that have what it is that I’m looking for. I know that Wal-Mart has almost every product imaginable but does it? Is a company like Wal-Mart geared to only to a certain race or people? To many of the Hispanics that I asked if they go to Wal-Mart many say “No.” It’s expensive and not the kind of food that I’m interested in. So although it may be everywhere what kind of people and shops is Wal-Mart really affecting or wants to go after?

No comments:

Post a Comment