This is a forum for topics studied during the Economics semester elective course. ENJOY!
Monday, February 20, 2012
Super size me!
To start off, I recently saw a stat that stated that Mcdonald's burgers are 15% real beef while the other 85% was meat filler that led to forms of cancer. Normally, I would've have looked at that info given out by a Google Health tweet and just been surprised and went on with my day, but since we were focusing on McDonalds and Supersize Me at the time I saw that tweet I didn't simply brush it aside. This was the perfect example of McDonald's negative externalities that we have been talking about so much in class. The meat filler is cleaned with a form of ammonia leading to various forms of cancer. I thought it was an interesting movie and it definitely raises concern about eating McDonalds but I also think he over exaggerated a bit which threw me off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment