This is a forum for topics studied during the Economics semester elective course. ENJOY!
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Freakenomics
In the movie Freakenomics, the most interesting segment in my opinion was the name section. They did many different polls and questioned many people, to see what they thought of the impact a name can have. While it proved to be true that the names did have a racial effect in the application for jobs world, overall the names did not predict how a person will end up living their life. Another reason I liked this section is because I can relate to it. My name was going to be Zeek, but when my mom looked up what that name would make me become, she changed it to Zachary. Zeek means an uneducated, toothless, hillbilly, so for obvious reasons, I was not allowed to be named Zeek.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment