CNBC Top News and Analysis

Monday, February 13, 2012

Freakonomics

What I thought was an extremely interesting part of the movie was the name segment. That if a parent were to name one twin Winner, and the other Loser, that it turns out Loser would be immensely more successful in life. It makes sense why too. One of the reasons that this part of the movie struck me was that I read an article over the summer about how names affect people. It talked about how names shaped one's personality but I thought that was crazy. I thought it didn't matter if my name was Steve or Kevin, I'd still be me. Freakonomics helped prove me wrong and that is why I liked it.

1 comment:

  1. In the film, Loser was a winner in life because of the choices he made, not because of his name.

    Btw, according to Wikipedia, your name comes from the Latin word "Patricius", meaning nobleman. : )

    ReplyDelete