Freakanomics did not just talk about naming your child. A project was put together with a goal of try and see whether or not students would maintain certain grades if they were paid at the end of each month. Although theses bribes worked for some, some kids grades got worse. Although I think I would take the bribe, I could see how some kids might think schooling is a joke if they are being bribed to do it. I can see how some kids are given the impression that homework is not mandatory if they are being paid to complete it.
This is a forum for topics studied during the Economics semester elective course. ENJOY!
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Freakanomics Video
I actually really enjoyed watching Freakanomics because I had never really thought about how a person's name could affect their future. I was so surprised to find out that someone with a so called 'black name' and someone with a 'white name' with the exact same resumes could not get the same jobs. I find it ridiculous. People's characters and work ethics should not be judged based on their names because really, people with a name like 'Temptress' or 'Loser' did not give themselves that name, the name was given to them by their parents.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment